Adding/Updating Products in Your Zen Cart with EasyPopulate
First, backup your database
How to Backup MySQL Database Using cpanel and phpMyAdmin
- Log into your cPanel account.
- On the Home screen, scroll down to Databases and click on phpMyAdmin.
- Select the database you would like to backup from the left navigation tree.
- Click the Export tab.
- Choose the Quick export method and click Go.
Second login in to your Zen Cart admin area
- Navigate to TOOLS >> Easy Populate
- Click on Download Complete .csv file to edit (Attributes Not Included) to download a live spreadsheet as a template
- Using filemanager in cPanel or FTP upload the image files for the products and note their location
- Edit the spreadsheet with the new products to match up with your template datasheet and save it to your computer
- Under TOOLS >> Easy Populate click the BROWSE button and the the INSERT INTO DB button
- If any errors are generated on import, correct them
- Browse to your shop front end and check the products